A shell script for a clean and simple front-end web development environment on macOS.View on Github
Tadao Ando is a a Japanese self-taught architect whose style emphasizing nothingness and empty space to represent the beauty of simplicity.
This script was inspired by his philosophy.
What Does It Include?
- Git for version control.
- Tig is a text interface for Git repositories.
- Mas is a Mac App Store command line interface.
- wget is an internet file retriever.
- Hub adds GitHub support to git on the command-line.
- ImageOptim-CLI to make batch optimisation of images part of your automated build process.
- Rbenv for managing versions of Ruby.
- ZSH is a UNIX shell (command interpreter).
- ZSH Syntax Highlighting Fish shell like syntax highlighting for zsh.
- TheFuck helps programatically correct mistyped console commands.
- WP-CLI is the command-line interface for WordPress. You can update plugins, configure multisite installations and much more, without using a web browser.
- Affinity Photo Beta is a raster graphics editor.
- Affinity Designer Beta is a vector graphics editor.
- Firefox for web browsing and testing.
- Firefox Developer Edition is my main web browser for development. Best CSS tools built in. Read more here.
- Google Chrome for fast and free web browsing.
- Hyper for an alternative terminal.
- ImageOptim to make batch optimisation of images part of your automated build process.
- MAMP for PHP / Wordpress development.
- Microsoft Edge Dev for testing.
- Spotify for music.
- Visual Studio Code IDE.
- Zoom for video conferencing.
FONT: Dejavu Sans Mono
for command-line font. Has glyph support for
gitand works well with PowerLevel10K (a ZSH theme).
- FONT: Victor Mono for text editor font. Supports ligatures and has a nice cursive italic font, similar to Dank Mono or Fira Code.
App Store Apps
11ty is a simpler static site generator.
Gatsby a static site generator built with React.
Gridsome a static site generator built with Vue.
Gulp a task/build runner for development.
ImageOptim-CLI to make batch optimisation of images part of your automated build process.
Netlify lets you deploy sites or configure continuous deployment straight from the command line.
Pa11y a command-line interface which loads web pages and highlights any accessibility issues it finds. Useful for when you want to run a one-off test against a web page.
VSCE - The Visual Studio Code Extension Manager.
Vue-CLI for quickly scaffolding Single Page Applications.
Additional ZSH Settings (optional)
For full and most current listing, view on Github
Ando is meant to run multiple times on the same machine. It installs, upgrades, or skips depending on what is already installed.
git clone https://github.com/buildingsareheavy/ando.git && cd ando
Review: (please don't run scripts you don't understand)
Or run with log:
sh goAndo 2>&1 | tee ~/ando.log
Check and debug the log:
Code was inspired, copied and modified from Mina Markham's formation.